Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I Would Love to see what you've done with Wood...

Hi Rick

Thanks for the reply :)

Non-metallic case and no hint of RFI intrusion... do you live in the woods ? Given the soup of electromagnetic radiation covering North America, I find it odd (and encouraging) to have you report thus.

Any chance of seeing The Big Box ? I'm curious as to how things are situated and mounted.

Is the cute 7-inch touch-sensitive LCD available on it's own ? Now there's a Franken-Player just waiting to be built !

The idea of a Farady cage is interesting. Years ago I implemented something like that in my Denon CD player... using conductive foam, I made a shield around the analog section - blocking at least some of the internal radiation. With a drain wire connected to the chassis, it cleared some of the fog away - sonically speaking. Every little thing helps.

So what about a box made of acrylic ? Or mounting the mobo on a floating sub-chassis - turntable-style ? Three-point or four-point suspension ? The mind boggles at the madness. So Many Ides... So Little Time.

Thanks,
Grant

That's not a Toy... IT'S A TOOL !!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I Would Love to see what you've done with Wood... - gjwAudio 14:54:18 11/09/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.