Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It would seem the new G41 chipset would be desirable

Of course, I am not THAT sure of what I am reading, but looking through the INTEL site it would seem this new chipset is substantially lower in power required that any of the previous offerings. From my dilettante's perspective it looks like it uses 25% less power.

Does not seem there is much available yet, though I do see a GIGABYTE board is announced. Since they have been willing to work with cics on BIOS refinements maybe they would do so again. The looming unavailability of the recommended MB looks like it will be a boon instead of a disappointment.

Looking at the e7200 vs. e7300, other than a slight increase in speed it seems to be an equivalent. It is five dollars more at NEWEGG. Nonetheless, they list the e7200 as still available. Though one might think there could be fabrication enhancements involved in this evolution that could make for a better chip.

I am finding it impossible to get my e7200 to go much below 1.000 volts in an MB I know would allow the e5200 to go VERY low (0.812 per cpuz) so I wonder if I have an e7200 that is not of the highest quality. the system still sounds very good but one always wonders, "what if"?

As always, I look forward to hearing cics's assessment.

Thanks to all,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.