Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Alfred, I need your experise - re:Juli@ & BNC

I decided to finally eliminate the break-out cable today.

Then I discovered that with the card removed (the only way I have ever measured it) I see what gagmen was talking about, both of the points I had earlier had discovered to be "connected" to the digital out cable are interchangeable.

I had first measured to discover the PLUS input and purely by happenstance I had labeled the bottom right, facing towards the outside of the computer, to be the positive, as you reported in your post. Then I went searching for the negative and found the other pin, on the left side and second from the bottom. I am sure I did not bother to see if they were interchangeable because when I read gagmen's post I thought, "what is he talking about?" Only to see NOW what he is talking about.

Nothing like connecting it up and finding out, but I thought I would ask again. Are you sure these are the correct polarities? Would it even make any difference if they were not? Especially with the easy polarity switching within cPLAY.

Soldering to the board makes me nervous, just how much can it take? If you would re-assure me I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.