Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Tweak your cMP Hardware With Stabilant 22-A...

** Disclaimer **I am in no way connected with D.W. Electrochemicals Ltd. EXCEPT for being an extremely happy customer - and keen to share the good news with other quality-minded enthusiasts.** Disclaimer Ends **

OK... with that out of the way, let me encourage everybody here to improve their cMP rig with this little Miracle. Those of you who know (and use) Stabilant 22-A are already nodding your heads in agreement - this stuff WORKS.

To the Truly Obsessed: My apologies - you need to pull your rig apart and seek out every metal-to-metal contact - they all will benefit from a little treatment.

To the Curious (from the Stabilant website):
=============================================
What is Stabilant 22 ? Stabilant 22 is an initially non-conductive block polymer which when used in a thin film between metal contacts becomes conductive under the effect of an electric field. This occurs at an electric field gradient such that the material will remain non-conductive between adjacent contacts in a multiple pin environment. In addition Stabilant 22 exhibits surfactant action as well as lubrication ability providing a simple component resident solution to virtually all contact problems. When applied to electromechanical contacts, Stabilant 22 can provide the connection reliability of a soldered joint without bonding the contact surfaces.

Where can Stabilant 22 be used ? Stabilant 22 can be used in all types of connectors, at frequencies from to DC to several Gigahertz, on faders or potentiometers, or in non-inductive (non-arcing power-interrupt switches. The number of uses are almost limitless.

=============================================

To the Detail-Oriented, have a look at the many Application Notes on their website http://www.stabilant.com/index.shtml.

To The Impatient: Just DO IT. Put this stuff everywhere you can, and enjoy listening as it cures and performs The Magic.

To The Scientific: Treat one point, Listen. Treat one more point, Listen again. Treat one more point, Listen again. Note how each stage improves some aspect of your playback. Repeat until Complete. Reflect on how the Impatient got there first !

I find it best to apply Stabilant with a syringe (easily obtained at the local drugstore) - gives precise aim and prevents excessive use.

This advice extends to the rest of your components - cables, internal connections - I even noticed a small improvement when I treated the power supply header on the circuitboard inside my DAC1.

You can find nay-sayers on the net if you look hard enough, but in 20+ years of use I've never had any problem with the product - just great sound. Enjoy the results... and then tell your friends !

Cheers,
Grant

That's not a Toy... IT'S A TOOL !!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.