Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Easy Minlogon without disabling WFP

"in hindsight, it's obvious" ?

My hunch was that, designed as it was for embedded systems, minlogon might not support dual-booting. "Obvious" was perhaps too strong a word but I do now note that there are several papers on the web on solving dual-boot issues with minlogon (which I have yet to read) so I'm presumably not the first to encounter them.

The fact remains that I cannot alter protected XP files without disabling Windows File Protection even if I use your workround, that implementing minlogon has disabled dual-booting on two different systems that I've built and that the facility is not restored when the normal winlogon is restored.

Also, implementing minlogon can introduce odd quirks. For example, using a USB DAC with generic MS drivers and ASIO4ALL, unless I pass a signal to the DAC before launching cMP, both cPlay and Foobar play at about 1/4 normal volume. This does not happen on systems where minlogon is not implemented.

In short, minlogon is a powerful optimisation but it's not hassle-free. Potential cMP2 users should be aware that it might take some trouble to get it working.

Best

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.