Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: That's excellent feedback! Thanks.

EDIT to my last post, luckily no-one has responded yet so I can get this in.

If one of the reasons of the SQ of the cMP is that the replay comes from a very quiet and stripped down computer, would not that attribute apply equally to the burning process? Not that I would necessarily hear it, but theoretically at least the SQ burned with the cMP should be better than our everyday computer with all it's noise? Would not the transfer in the non-optimum environment put jitter into the saved file?

If that is true, and the only 'downside' of using the cMP to burn the disc is the 'need' to connect to make the song list data gathering easier.

Well ok, then we can burn the disc on the cMP and only transfer the cue file can't we?

thanks.

EDIT OF EDIT

left it a few hours just on (is that ok?) and went to play something just now,,all crackly and distorted. I really feel that computers (even stripped down ones) and I just don't get along. Or is it a microsoft thing?

anyway, not sure it's worth the grief. which is a shame given what I've heard. unless all the changes need to be made, but I got the idea that they could be done in stages so that does'nt make too much sense.

should fell better in the morning for a renewed attack, but only a few days in and already a bloody computer is mucking up. you'd think they'd be sorted by now wouldn't you? (computers I mean)

Edits: 06/29/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.