Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player

Hello everyone,

I have put together a temporary version of cPlay with cMP on a regular P4 just to get familiar with the process. I have a few questions and observations.

1. Is cMP really needed as I was able to run the batch files directly which works much better right now. If I try with cMP unpredictable crashes happen. What functions apart from running the batch files does cMP do? What am I losing by not using cMP?

2. Even on this relatively crappy PC -1.4ghz P4 with Intel motherboard the sound output through the analog of my M-Audio 2496, the sound was very, very good.

3. I am running XP with SP-3 and don't seem to have any issue with SP-3. However the copy of Windows I am using has been heavily stripped already with nLite and only requires a third of the changes as the rest is simply not there to begin with. You can download it here: http://www.nliteos.com/download.html . I am hoping to build a custom install CD that will have everything we need on it including cPlay.

4. Tonight will build a real system using a donated Biostar motherboard and my new Juli@ sound card. As I don't yet have an outboard DAC I am forced to use the analog outputs. Is the Juli@'s analog section better than M-Audio's?

BTW I work in computers and with Windows and can understand most of the changes suggested. I also have a friend who is working with me (building his own system) and together we are pondering ideas to improve what's already been done including simplifying the install process.

Thank-you cics for your tireless patience in perusing this project. It is very much appreciated.
Frodan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.