Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Questions

''hope that helps''.....you betcha!

Is it humanly possible to go bald in the space of one evening??

I did suggest the procedure of burning the cd on a seperate computer and transferring it to my computer guy, he just laughed at me so I thought it must have been a stupid idea! But of course that would get around having the cMP connected to the net, but I'm currently having a hell of a time even making it thru the eac wizard, when eac tries to detect the drive features all hell breaks loose, end up with a 'monged' screen with what looks like alien script on it.

2 @ 3 I understand, and am looking into it now, for the sage reasons you have pointed out. 4, cool got it thanks, not super important for me.

5, well that's just a bit over my head ATM, but will refer my computer guy to it later. thanks.

6 figured as much, good to know I can slowly but surely do those steps at a later date.

Also at a later date I will start to prune the many unused superfluous cables still inside the box, OK to just snip them off?

back to trying to configure eac, I presume that eac properly setup will be required on the 'target' computer even if the actual burning takes place on another? Hmm, maybe not.

EDIT reading and following tutorials re configuring eac, and one mentioned that sometimes eac can't read the cd (the step I'm stuck on) and so I need an ASPI layer. Does that make sense??

EDIT and EDIT again!

found a better tutorial which did things a tad differently, so seemed to get over my earlier troubles.

And I took a risk and quickly hooked up the net to the cMP for the time it needs to download the data, and ripped the first cd. And am now listening to it heh heh and hooray. Just from analog out for now, but still it's up and running so thanks for all the help to date, and for the machine.

The computer crashed half way thru the rip, but luckily I only had to restart the rip from where it got up to, phwew. Will hopefully work out whats happening at some time in the future.

Edits: 06/23/08 06/23/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.