Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

EAC cuesheets for separate wav files

No doubt about it – cMP makes the music sound significantly better. But I still need the freedom to make and alter playlists as the mood takes me – that’s the first reason I preferred PC audio to old fashioned cd playing. So I will keep album folders with separate wav files and a cuesheet. That way I can play in cMP but also use cic's bat files (I made some for Winamp as well as Foobar) which sound second-best to cMP but are still easy to play with.

EAC makes better cuesheets than the foobar cuesheet plugin for CDs ripped in wav:
1. Set up file name to include track number (or Windows will just alphabetize the tracks in folders), and make a folder for the CD
2. Rip CD in separate tracks: EAC toolbar: Action / Copy Selected Tracks – Uncompressed
3. Go to EAC options/Tools and untick "Activate Beginner mode..."
4. Then make cuesheet: EAC toolbar: Action / Hover over “Create Cue Sheet” and select “Multiple WAV files with leftout gaps”. Make sure it’s in the same folder as the music.

If you use advanced settings, make sure EAC Options/Tools - "Retrieve UPC/ISRC codes..." is not ticked if you want the cuesheets to work in cMP.

For downloaded albums or individual tracks, or music copied from other people’s CDs, you can make cuesheets with foobar. Foobar cuesheet utility looks at mp3 metadata, so tidy it up before making the cuesheet (right click / Properties).

Cics – carry on with your specialty - making the music sound better! Someone else out there: please help develop UI and playlist functionality/ versatility up to speed with the music delivery!

Edits: 05/19/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.