Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: USB audio out and Separate Touch Screen LCD

I agree with MultiBlitz's comment on USB drivers.

Hence by definition I will avoid spdif and also wont have to use a pci soundcard. Would doing that affect sound quality even if I use a dedicated usb port on the mobo?

You can definitely do this. I suggest also getting the Juli@ PCI card - at $150 (or less) its great value. Comparing these will be interesting - Rick switched from USB to Juli@!
Obviously the touch screen will have to share the other usb port with other devices.

cMP caters for this. Connect touch screen USB to USB mobo header (or to 'Alternate' USB ports at rear) - these use the 'dirty' PSUs. These 'dirty' PSUs also power the touch screen. This way power supply noise from touch screen is removed.
Is Zalman HD160 a comaparable case as re cooling etc (HD160+ plus wont fit on my stack)?

I use the HD160XT (cheapest I could find). Its large and needs decent rack space. Parts used allows for very compact installations - you could try something from Hush PC.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.