Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I have made progress

To implement this I must obviously disconnect the internal (is it IDE?) power feeds to these devices. Is each esaily identifiable within my pc? A lttle more explanation of this would be appreciated. Are there 2 feeds to each device(by device I mean cd/dvd drive, display and hdd's)?

Power connectors are either Molex or Sata - they originate from the PSU (this is best way of identifying them). Yes each device has 2 connectors - one for power (wires: red, yellow, black and orange for sata) and other is data (this varies by device, eg. IDE, Sata, eSata). USB devices carry both power and data wires. Unfortunately Sate power and data connectors have same names but they are very different in appearance.

Also if I do not implement a wireless mouse is it really necessary to add more usb (dirty ps fed) ports? If so do II only need some of the granite ps hardware?

Wireless mouse is not necessary - any mouse will do. Those additional USB ports would be useful only if you have USB devices connected to your PC. Make sure you have one GD PS per HDD.

How can I tell how much power each of my devices draw so as to not exceed the 1.5A?

Each device has a label giving power figures - these are typically given by voltage and current. P=VI.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.