Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I have made progress

I reset Windows to System Cache (so I no longer have to run my audio files off a usb 4 gig memory device. Very nice I think it might even sound a little cleaner than the scan disc Cruzer. So thank you for this freebie!!

I am very interested in runnning the 'dirty power' input to to the cd/dvd drives, display and hdd's. This is a brilliant suggestion and the occilograph traces (and the one customer comments on the audio effect) are capturing my attention--big time. I think this is a significant sonic opportunity and all pc audio guys should look into this. To implement this I must obviously disconnect the internal (is it IDE?) power feeds to these devices. Is each esaily identifiable within my pc? A lttle more explanation of this would be appreciated. Are there 2 feeds to each device(by device I mean cd/dvd drive, display and hdd's)? Also if I do not implement a wireless mouse is it really necessary to add more usb (dirty ps fed) ports? If so do II only need some of the granite ps hardware? How can I tell how much power each of my devices draw so as to not exceed the 1.5A?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.