Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

minlogon

Hello and thanks to everyone in this community for the tireless exploration and sharings.

I had tried the minlogon tweak last night and found the sonic performance is worse than the normal winlogon. Checked the processexplorer / taskmgr and could not really find any benefit at all. An annoying side effect is I cannot kill windows explorer in minlogon mode. Pls. note I am not using cMP yet but had followed most of the AOB version 0.3's suggested optimisations.

Reverted back to the winlogon and I am happy again with the spacious sound. One possibility is after switching to the system default user, I need to redo all the optimisations, I have done some, but possibly not all which resulted in the sub-optimal performance.

I am eager to try the ultimate cMP but may I ask is there any plan to have it compatible with individually ripped track in FLAC format instead of cue/wave combo.

And had anyone tried the Otachan SSRC in "ULTRA" mode? Which I believe I've read its a better SRC algorithm and yield better noise floor compared to Secret Rabbit Code. I cannot try out myself as my rig is an old and slow AthlonXP which won't even run SSRC in TOP mode.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.