Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

cMP will work in your setup...

Also, my system is using dacs INSIDE the PC, and CICS is advocating getting the D to A out of the PC.

cMP is totally flexible here. Mine based on Zalman HD160XT is currently set for analogue output via Juli@'s analogue PCB. This was also part of my
testing. I have headphones connected to its RCA outputs and volume control via Foobar. SRC upsampler set to 192k (of course, no SPDIF interface). Juli@'s internal DACs then do the rest...

Some questions on your setup:

1. Soundcard being used
  2. RAM type, size and settings
  3. Player and upsampler being used
  4. Mobo type (mATX, ATX?) and make
  5. Are you applying any BIOS optimizations

Make sure you apply the critical Windows settings that's required to run cMP's software. You'll see this in the Installation Guide. Output 24/192 to your soundcard and try the optimizations - just a recommendation.

In my setup, I get stable 24/192 analogue playback. SRC at 'Best Sinc interpolator' does put significant load on E2140 CPU and causes CPU voltage to transition to higher levels. Juli@ latency at 48 samples (0.25ms) gives dropouts but not so at 64 samples (0.33ms). cMP Optimize set to Critical. Sound is good.

I want to connect powered speakers directly to Juli@'s analogue outs (preferably balanced via its TRS connectors). Can someone recommend something at reasonable cost? I'm looking at:

I want an elegant, high sound quality low budget system (total cost ~$3500).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.