Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Fred, will have to disagree again, same as below!

Fred,

Look no offense but I don't think this is a credible statement because you have never really got PC audio to work.

You built 3 pc's and complained that none of them even worked. The EMU0404 USB is simple and yet you are pulling your hair out. The lynx card problems listed below and others.

I can point to probably 20 threads on three forums that you have never really got any of this to work.

I think you want this too work but I don't really think you have ever really experienced this type of system really excell as some of the others have.

~~~~~~

Also with regards to what I and others posted on DiyHifi is all based on the PCM27xx series parts. No one said these parts were end all or the best available. They are only the easiest to use.

As for bit perfect... I say you bypass the kmixer and your set. As I stated on Diyhifi, here and head-fi. Consistency on the PC platform is really a problem mainly due to lack of consistent encoding and decoding of music files under Windows.

I think this is were we need to look at the most on the Windows side of the equation.

Thanks
Gordon
J. Gordon Rankin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.