Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What PC audio set up can outperform High end Emmlabs, DCS system?

Let me explain. I will try products but not on the basis that someone says
:
xxx is vastly superior to yyy and so give up yyy. Goto diyhif.org, look up usb pc audio, and see the technical issues afflicting the usb interface (ie jitter and artefacts). You will also see that the proponents themselves accept the software and hardware problems affecting it. I have repeated some of these here; yet those who admit to them elsewhere will not do so here.

I do not find it justified to spend thousands and more on time in a format that is questionable at present.

As I said, I have responded to a post which asks for opinions; I gave mine and do not expect to be derided by those with a vested interest without cause, just that I have not tried their products.

As for the Triode remark. It is a fact that 16/44.1 non OS has massive technical problems. Triode amplifiers also colour the sound with loads of harmonics. It is a case that two wrongs don't make a right. I have no objection to anyone wanting them; just don't tell me that I should try them when I have and don't like the results.

For the record, I have no problems with the manufacturers who post here, as long as they don't try to tell everyone that my observations are invalid, based on their own empirical observations that are no more valid than mine.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.