Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Slightly different take

When I think of the sonic advantages with the best of my analog recordings, I think in terms of ways to tame digital edge and provide more top end ease and extension.

As a long term Touch user, the first thing I would recommend is replacing the inherently noisy switching power supply wall wart with a linear. I've used a couple of different ones over the years, but just yesterday learned of a pretty inexpensive one. I immediately ordered one to check out. What I've found is that using a linear will reduce a sense of "false brightness" unchecked digital hash can make. Similarly, I would make sure you are using some fashion of power conditioning in your system to reduce unavoidable RFI/EMI garbage on the AC.

To really match the best analog, my experience has been you really need high resolution recordings. Those that were truly mastered or recorded as such and not upsampled Redbook. I would look at the various sources available for 24/96, 24/196 and DSD content that can showcase how good digital can get.

There are a number of modestly priced DACs available today that might outperform your primarily intended for mobile use Mojo. Good luck in your quest!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Slightly different take - E-Stat 09:52:20 02/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.