Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Get the ability

to find an actual definition that supports your claim as many of us have requested you do. Obviously, you cannot. And don't understand the definition of.......definition! The word does not represent a single absolute state like "unique" or "full". One can further optimize parameters in a process for better results.

I do smile, however, when I hear the flight attendant say "We have a very full flight" or quite commonly hear folks talk about something that is "very unique". They share your inability to understand the language.

Your linked example is a hoot. When Dick and Jane add 2+2, they are not "optimising" anything.

And yes, Virginia a micro Rendu is a computer with hardware and software optimized for the sole function of music playback.

Like your registry hacks, elevating the process priority of the music server software optimizes its ability to deliver latency-free delivery of the file.

BTW, I am a software engineer and supply chain consultant. I've re-written code optimizing them for speed of execution. I've fine tuned kernel parameters and instance resource allocations in VM environments optimizing them for efficiency. I have helped customers optimize their inventory spend for improved product GMROI and profitibility.

GMAFB!

edit: For those truly interested in the topic, here are Microsoft's recommendations to Optimize Windows for Better Performance

Here's another source for learning Top 12 Tips: How to Optimize and Speed Up Windows 7 Performance

You'll find another five million such links on "optimization".

Edits: 02/05/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.