Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Try some

Try some insight and understanding of how multiple variables affect the performance of systems.

Quite. The idea that you can understand the issues I hoped this thread might discuss by counting the instances of a generic interconnector in a system comprising a series of passive and complex active devices whose behaviour you ignore in favour of the arithmetic of factorial numbers strikes me as fatuous.

Following up with a banality like the above adds insult to fatuity. The effect of multiple variables on LAN performance in the audio context has been discussed at length in several threads over on CA. Many of the posts are interesting, others not so much but anyone who tries to replicate the gist learns that another key variable in PC audio is being addressed there and elsewhere.

Sadly, trying to involve AA inmates in what is proving an interesting topic has, not for the first time, been undermined by a self-appointed Committee of Public Safety. Pity that, even if it was predictable.

D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Try some - Ryelands 04:14:28 02/05/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.