Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What's your next "digital" purchase for audio ?

For myself; I've had Deezer Elite, Tidal and Spotify.... All at the same time. I chose Spotify Because it has a much better Catalog than Tidal and Deezer Elite.... And as far as Sound Quality when just listening to Music, I could not differentiate the 3 streaming services.

I had other audiophiles come over and Play a certain Track in Tidal and then Spotify and point out a certain Instrument for the differences, but had to Strain on a blind test to pick out the Lossless service.... Sometimes they were right.... Seemed to be about 50% of the time.

So being an Audiophile myself, I like the idea of Lossless Streaming, and if all things were equal such as the quantity of music that I listen to (Jazz Mostly), I'd go with the Lossless service... But they're not, so I go with Spotify currently.... This will all change in the future... My favorite streaming service was MOG, until they disappeared... Things will change a lot in the next few years.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What's your next "digital" purchase for audio ? - Cut-Throat 11:36:05 01/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.