Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Just to put my 2 cents in...

Like Abe and Ivan, I enjoy different players and use PureVinyl for LP replay, LMS for Pandora and Somafm and Roon/HQPlayer for my library, TIdal and a few Internet radio stations.

Each has advantages the others don't for the specific applications for which I use them. If Pandora would open their .api to Roon, I could dispense with LMS. The advantage that LMS still has on the other two is that the streaming content is displayed on the squeezebox for quick view and although Roon can control the squeezeboxes, there's no Pandora integration and that's the majority of background music during the day and what my wife uses and understands. I use the same Acourate-generated room correction filters with all three servers. I do think that Roon with HQPlayer sounds better than anything else I'v tried, so I use that setup for all serious listening, however, I never did spend that much time listening to Puremusic. It sounds damn good with vinyl.

Since the cost is pretty low compared to most electronic components, why not try them all?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.