Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Amazon Drive Unlimited Storage for $60... whats the catch?

It looks good. However I am rather cautious about placing the storage of all of my files with a third party. Which government agency will seek clandestine access to Amazon's (and other similar facilities) servers? What will happen if Amazon decides to close it or reduce the storage available per customer* if you have already stored more than the new limit? What if Amazon sells the project to another company or gets taken over? What about hackers?

My take is that if you are not concerned about these potential issues then it might be a great thing as a second string backup. But I would always retain a home backup system too.

* My bet is that like other "unlimited" storage offers it will be discovered that this is not sustainable and a limit per customer will eventually emerge or it will be achieved by a pricing structure.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Amazon Drive Unlimited Storage for $60... whats the catch? - PAR 06:26:57 10/08/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.