Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: comparing I2S vs. AES3 with Gustard U12+X12

Hi again !

" Beppe,Of course you are right.I have had less(far less) than ideal rooms for the last 30 years. An L shaped living room that caused a 10 db suckout between 115-290 cps,and nothing helped. Or small rooms that did not enable anything resembling a soundstage. Now,newly married,whenever my wife is home,I listen with earphones-LCD-2. They are good,and even going from the PC to a Schiit Mjolnir,gives very good sound "

Thanks for the valuable advice and I could not agree more.
It took me a while to realize how important is the listening room.
And the realization was very painful. Few can afford a room to dedicate to audio listening and treat it.
This is the only way to give the opportunity to a system to show its true potential.
Moreover this realization has been for me a show stopper in the equipment upgrade process.
There is no reason to spend thousands on equipment when the room itself is not up to the task.
I know from friends' experience that a decent stereo system in a great room will sound better than a great system in a not decent room.
And the fact that I have neighbors extremely silent and that I listen a lot late in the evenings forced me towards headphones.
Honestly I cannot say that I am completely satisfied by listening thorugh HPs.
Even if I use mostly AKG and the sound is quite out of the head is never in front of me, like it should naturally.
The listening is not natural and this leads to a fatigue in the long term. A discomfort.
At present I am packing things hoping in a better future location.
For me 3D soundstage rendering is everything and listening room characteristics and acoustic treatment are key to get a decent performance on this regard.
Thanks a lot again.
Kind regards,
bg

Edits: 10/01/16 10/01/16 10/01/16 10/01/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: comparing I2S vs. AES3 with Gustard U12+X12 - beppe61 01:43:38 10/01/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.