Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Guessing that the SU-1 still kicks the AMANERO card to the curb?

My NOS 7 DAC does not have any USB input, I opted for both the RJ45 and HDMI versions of i2S inputs.. so not possible for me to compare the Amanero vs the SU-1 in the NOS 7.

The F1 is still not cheap, maybe more $$ than the Amanero. I just checked Taobao and saw that the version in the box is offered there.

https://world.taobao.com/item/535647158584.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a219r.lm0.14.10.NXGuKG&ns=1&abbucket=2#detail

My NFB-1DAC 2016 does have the Amanero, but it is still breaking in so I have not yet seriously compared vs the SU-1, but I have heard the NFB-1DAC 2016 with the SU-1 (via a 50CM BNC/SPDIF cable from Audio-GD) and the also briefly using the Amanero USB and my first impression would be the SU-1 will be preferable. The NFB-1DAC 2016 i2S input is RJ45, so no i2S connection with the SU-1...

I actually think in many ways the SU-1 is subjectively technically better than the Tanly also, just in my rig and for my preferences the synergy works to near perfection with the Tanly and this new NOS stuff from Audio-GD.

For example, with the SU-1 I can more clearly/easily hear the details of the high end of cymbals.. I have been thinking that (to me) the SU-1 sounds more like a live solo mic feed, while the Tanly sounds more like standing on stage a few meters from the drum kit with the band playing.

As I mentioned earlier, the SU-1 extension at both ends and overall clarity is remarkable.. I have no idea how 2 identical sets of bits can sound so different..

One thing I am not sure of is if the SU-1 uses the USB line 5V for the input half of the board.. If so I think that would open some interesting possibilities for optional powering of the SU-1 also.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.