Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Singzer SU-1 USB Converter

I had my Master 7 converted to the NOS7 model at the Audio-GD factory. It is now set in the "NOS1" mode (original factory settings for the NOS7 DAC). The computer is fanless, all LPS/SSD/etc., with a PPA v2 card and Intona and Recovery in the path to the Tanly. This particular setup I would say leans towards warmish, but with a soundstage presentation that would be difficult to describe -- smaller.. but in some ways similar to some wonderful Beveridge (model 2's?) I heard many years ago..

My guess is the brightness I noticed with the SU-1 could be due to my speakers probably have a peak at 10 kHz. I never measured them but it seems to be a characteristic of the type of ribbons I have.. (from Mark & Daniel)

The SU-1 low bass extension was pretty wild also.. to balance the bass coming off the SU-1 I needed to shut off my subs (they are normally set with a sharp 40hz LP filter) and move my chair a few inches to get the listening position deeper into the 80hz room suck-out... (I have a small square room, but I consider it well treated)

The SU-1 general sound was similar either using BNC/SPDIF or i2S HDMI with the i2S offering better overall clarity.

I have had quite a few other DDC's also around the same price range, the Tanly seems to offer the best synergy for me currently. I am not sure the Tanly is still in production. some info here: tanly-audio.blogspot.com

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Asynchronous-USB-interface-DoP-over-SPDIF-DSD-I2S-over-HDMI-LVDS-SDIF-3-XMOS/1982763625.html

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Singzer SU-1 USB Converter - motberg 02:00:10 09/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.