Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: When you get set up let us know how it sounds and works. Nt

" The one thing that I don't like with the X14A is the lack of digital inputs (one RCA and one XLR only). "

Well if they had a digital input then that could only feed an onboard DAC so you would be back where you started in a manner of speaking.

" I'm placing the speakers in the corners of a very small 12'x12' study. Should I place them at a sitting, ear-level position, or a bit higher?"

Putting speakers into a corner is one of the the worst places acoustically. Even worse with a rear ported speaker like your Dynaudios. You are almost guaranteeing boomy bass, especially in a square room.

Try as hard as you can to just move then in from the corners even if it is only a small amount that you can manage.

For height you should tryto get the tweeters roughly at ear level.

You will also find that how you angle the speakers towards your seat (this is called toe-in) will alter the sound particularly the illusion of depth.

You may also be about to find that the cables you use also have an effect. Best not to go there this weekend :-)

Just one passing comment: there is currently some difficulty being experienced by Win 10 users with Bluetooth streaming. I thought it worth mentioning if you are a user of this OS and find that you can't get it to work. It is a known problem. Maybe MS have fixed it by now as there have been quite a few Win 10 updates recently.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.