Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: When you get set up let us know how it sounds and works. Nt

Very hard. It's just not out there. Yesterday, I used www.worldwidestereo.com's chat function to ask one of their techs if he could explain the differences between the XEO2 nd XEO4. He offered no technical specifics. All he could tell me was the XEO4 is more musical and has a richer sound. He said that Audiodyne closely guards a lot of their technical specifications. Sure, however, I'm not asking for their trade secrets and access to their proprietary design data, just some general technical information.

So I was up LATE last night (took the day off today) researching and working this stuff out. Man when I get something in my head. Anyway, after realizing that (unlike the XEO2s) the XEO4s have no physical inputs on the speakers themselves, and after realizing I had to buy the XEO Hub, I changed the plan - yet again.

New plan. Actually, no longer a plan as I executed last night and have everything on order. Busted my budget again.

Everything:
- Dynaudio Excite X14A Satin White $1600 (Amazon Prime)
- Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic DAC $499 (Amazon Prime)
- Cambridge Audio BT100 Bluetooth Receiver $99 (Amazon Prime)

I came to the realization, why buy wireless speakers when I can buy a wireless-capable DAC? Dropping the XEO4s for the X14As allowed me to get the DacMagic instead of the XEO Hub. I assume that the DacMagic is a better quality DAC than the XEO Hub, and should improve my listening experience? As well, my wife can stream from her iPhone (via Bluetooth) directly to the DacMajic rather than to the speakers. I assume that this may potentially improve her listening experience as well. Lots of assumptions. Also, the X14A doesn't have the ridiculous looking display pod plopped on top of the XEO4.

The one thing that I don't like with the X14A is the lack of digital inputs (one RCA and one XLR only). Though I doubt I would hear a difference anyway.

So now I wait. With some luck, I may be up and running by tomorrow afternoon.

I'm placing the speakers in the corners of a very small 12'x12' study. Should I place them at a sitting, ear-level position, or a bit higher?

Edits: 09/23/16 09/23/16 09/23/16 09/23/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.