Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Please Help Build My PC System

PAR,

Just to be safe, I ordered the Dynaudio XEO4's today. However, most of the reviews I read on the XEO2's, and I'm pretty sure I read them all, rated the bass as being pretty good. Check out the review below. I really have a hard time believing the XEO2's bass I that good.

http://www.soundstageaccess.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/717-dynaudio-xeo-2-powered-loudspeakers

"The LS50's midrange and treble, while ultimately more detailed than the Xeo 2's, has a slightly relaxed, laid-back quality that contrasts with the Xeo's slightly forward sound. At low to medium volumes, the KEF's bass was actually outshone by the Dynaudio's. The Xeo 2 dug lower and maintained its composure while doing so; the KEF turns a bit loose and lush. As the volume rose, however, and the Xeo 2's DSP-driven midrange-woofer began to buckle and flap, the LS50 went unflappably on. For all of the Xeo 2's strengths, the LS50 is superior -- it's as good a two-way speaker as you can buy for $2000 or even $3000/pair. But how close to it the fully active Xeo 2 came for only $100/pair more -- which, remember, includes the power amps -- was remarkable."

"They also sounded abundantly clean through the midrange, voices popping into life with surprising presence. Most impressive was the bass, for two reasons. Not only could the Xeo 2 go uncommonly low -- the specified 40Hz lower limit is believable at low to medium volumes -- the tautness and precision of its delivery was remarkable. Despite being set up in corners in my office system, where their ports would butt right up against the wall -- something that usually excites room gain and, in turn, fat, dull upper bass -- the Dynaudios proved exceptional below 100Hz."

Edits: 09/22/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.