Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Please Help Build My PC System

Hi all,

I returned my MM-1s to Amazon today. It was hard as I really wanted them to work out. I loved their size, build quality, and styling (they are beautiful), and they did sound great for the most part. However, and I'm no audiophile, I just wasn't as impressed with them as I had hoped I would be. I did do some research prior to buying them, however, for the most part I bought them on impulse due to the rave reviews on Amazon.

I'm now in the market for something else, and will do a ton of research prior to purchasing anything. That said, I'm hoping that some of you will be willing to assist me.

Basically, if you were building a $1500 PC-based audio system, what would you buy? My primary requirements are the best clarity possible (for $1500) in the highs and mids, and solid, tight, and clean (not overwhelming) bass. While I like many types of music, I need a system that will squeeze the best possible performance from classical instrumentals and Enya-type stuff.

It must be PC-based so I can stream high-quality (320 kbps) songs from Spotify. And possibly higher quality, lossless files later on as I figure out what I'm doing.

I have three 27" monitors, so I can't place the speakers on my desk. As such, I'm looking at smaller bookshelf speakers on stands next to the desk. I really want the KEF LS50s, but I would need to buy an amp and DAC thus busting my budget.

For $1500, what would you buy?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Please Help Build My PC System - Kody 10:06:05 09/21/16 (25)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.