Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

If you want the latest & newest wait a couple months...

Apple just announced the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch series 2 on September 7. They had a couple unannounced minor price adjustments here and there on other products that I noticed on their website but nothing very significant.

The MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lineup are due for a refresh and most folks expect this to happen before the end of the year.

If you don't need the latest NEW MacBook Pro there's nothing wrong with buying a lightly used older model.

Very few newer upmarket laptops include a built-in CD/DVD drive for several reasons. 1)Save space for more important items like longer life batteries, 2)Save weight, 3)Reduce thickness, 4)Operating System Software and application software are more conveniently updated via the internet, 5)Internet speeds in most part of the country are sufficiently fast, 6)CD/DVD/Blu-Ray offer limited capacity as USB memory sticks and SD memory cards have far surpassed the capacity of physical CD/DVD/Blu-ray media, 7)External USB CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drives are compact and cheap if you really need one, etc.

Edits: 09/10/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.