Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: USB Audio 2 in Windows

There is a fixation just because Apple has it. There is no reason to want one from an audio or SQ viewpoint.

For me, the best approach is for the audio device vendor to provide the best driver for his device, and undertake to update it from time to time. This is certainly so with drivers for XMOS usb devices that are updated (upgraded for better sound) quite frequently, and the firmware and software allow for the enablement of Control Panel features such as Latency and buffer sizes, as well as usb error detection and reporting features. Such features which presumably not be available with a generic OS USB2 driver.

I know that the XOMOD drivers (from Ver 1.xx to now 3.xx) sound a lot better when upgraded to the latest versions. Sadly, many DAC vendors are still stuck on Ver 1.6x and do not provide updates which apparently have to be paid for.

On another note, the simple Amanero drivers are reckoned to be one of the best for their usb chipset.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: USB Audio 2 in Windows - fmak 08:53:47 09/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.