Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Another happy Node user

I purchased a Node 2 earlier this summer. One or two setup issues, but after that great reliability. App interface is just ok, but functional. You can use 3rd party apps, but I have not investigated them....maybe in the fall. Sound is outstanding for the price. Rich, palpable, liquid. Clean treble and tight deep bass. The Node 2 is a bargain.

Current source is a 128gb usb stick loaded with FLAC files for listening in our summer house. In a few weeks I will move the Node to my primary system and connect it to my network via ethernet.

I have a Marantz SR7009 HT receiver in my den. It includes full streaming capability via ethernet, wifi and bluetooth. From what I have read, the DAC and streaming hardware are essentially the same as the NA6005. App interface is mediocre, and you can not use 3rd party apps. Sound is quite good, and one can easily distinguish between redbook and hirez. However, the Node does sound better than the Marantz receiver.

Best, Ross

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Another happy Node user - Ross 08:54:16 08/20/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.