Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I use traditional sources...

I'm too cheap or broke for something in the $1K range, but I do have a device that should do what you want. It is the Oppo HA-2 Portable Headphone Amp/DAC/Swiss Army Knife :) . If the iPhone has a lightning connector (newer models), you can connect the HA-2 to the iPhone via the supplied cable and use the mini-RCA plug-in on the other end as a line out. $299 plus your personal mini-RCA to stereo RCA pair cable. I use one as a DAC for both my iPod Touch and my Samsung Galaxy Tab A connected to a pair of Sennheiser HD-600s for streaming listening. The HA-2 connects to these devices to get the digital stream bypassing the analog outputs which are not really high quality. I also use it as a headphone amp only using the line out on my older Oppo BDP-95 to headphones when I want to listen to CDs/SACDs via headphones. There are a lot of reviews on their site for this product on their site (link below). The only downside is that you would have to charge the device every once in a while, or possibly leave a charger connected continuously. The unit is small, about the size of an iPod Touch only a little thicker.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.