Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Wowsers! That's a heapin' helpin' of FUD!

Even an Inmate Oracle should provide some sort of substantiation for such dramatic claims.

"Warning Microsoft damaged the USB drivers in Windows 10 Anniversary edition..."

Could you please expand on this? How are the drivers broken? How do you know they are broken? How is it Microsoft did not notice they were broken before shipping the Update?

"and everyone is complaining..."

Really, "everyone?" How can you possibly know what "everyone" is doing? I've installed the Anniversary Update and it sounds fine to me. Then again, I don't use Wavelength Audio products.

"about BAD SOUND."

What exactly does "BAD SOUND" mean? Excessive hiss? Fuzzy sound? Loss of bass? Or are we talking about how the rear of the sound stage is suddenly six inches narrower? Is the new distortion, whatever it might be, consistent between various PCs and components?

"We have contacted the Windows Sound group and they are aware of the problem."

That is kind of you and much appreciated by us end users. Your statement does gloss over a point: was Microsoft aware of the issue(s) before you contacted them and so knowingly shipped broken software, or do you mean that Microsoft is now aware that your company has a complaint?

JE

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.