Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Hey FMAK, as you already know...

I'm not saying it doesn't work. I'm just questioning the marketing behind it and a couple comments you made.

"PSAudio is having Icron build these Lanrovers for them to their specifications. 1 specification is very clear: 1 USB port instead of 4. The other is "other audio specific improvements."

1) - 1 USB port instead of 4 is pretty easy to do. Just lop off the other 3 USB ports. No engineering involved there.

2) - Audio specific improvements? And what specifically might those be? Who said that, you or PS Audio?

3) - "someone is going to reverse engineer the LANRover". It will never happen. No high-end audio manufacturer has the resources or a good reason to RE the LANRover. Only highly specialized companies have the necessary expertise and equipment to RE an ASIC.

The point was made very clear by Paul McGowan himself in his YouTube video about the LANRover.

1:15 into the video: "It is one of the first products we did not engineer, at all".

Edits: 07/30/16 07/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.