Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: My router is not the issue...

Sounds like you have a good plan but not knowing the layout of your house and where all the goodies live, it's hard for me to visualize.

The 'Pulse' WiFi router provided for $10 a month by the Sonic Fiber folks is fine but it is going BACK to them. $10 a month buys a lot of networking gear!

Of course you'll have to be sure to get a brand/model that is compatible and that the Sonic Fiber folks will provision for you. You may want to check with them first, or hunt around their website and Google.

The Comcast Xfinity Wifi router that I have can probably be replaced with one that I outright buy but it's been updated (replaced and swapped out) three times (free of charge) as their speeds and features have been updated.

Had I purchased a compatible router three years ago, I'd have to buy another one by now to take full advantage. So in this regard, I do not regret renting my Comcast router for $10/mo. Ours does 5GHz/2.4GHz Wifi, has four Gigabit Ethernet jacks, and two RJ11 telephone jacks, and internal battery backup.

Moral of the story is, if your ISP is on the fast track with upgrading their speed and features, it might be better to rent the modem and get free upgraded units along the way.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.