Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Measuring digital audio qualities of bit-perfect playback with Diffmaker's correlation depth

Without more explanation, I don't fully understand what you are doing in this step. Why do you need to add silence to the test signals for this kind of test? Are you taking the same recording and just adding 5 different amounts of silence?
: To see the results of added silence with Diffmaker's default configuration so I can see its variations.

I guess you're comparing the original master file with the "aligned master" file, which is identical to the original master but with silence added? Do you have time alignment and/or gain alignment enabled in Audio Diffmaker? Looking at the parameters output, I'm guessing time alignment is enabled but gain alignment is not. The strange thing is that Audio Diffmaker's time alignment usually doesn't product nice round numbers like that.
: As I'd like to make things simpler for other people to test themselves, I'm using Diffmaker's default configuration as I stated before. Default configuration has both Time and Gain alignment.

If your test configuration really is a software loopback, and both the playback and recording side is bit perfect, then the only thing that can vary from trial to trial is the amount of digital silence at the beginning and end of the recordings. And any effect that Fidelizer has on the quality of your computer's digital output couldn't be tested in this way.
: I'm not really sure. Why don't you give it a try? You can try improving this test by running with different settings and share your result here. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Measuring digital audio qualities of bit-perfect playback with Diffmaker's correlation depth - Windows X 10:25:30 07/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.