Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Another iFi Quality Control issue?

I remember Dynobot taking heat for posting pictures of his broken iFi iUSBPower supply almost a year ago. There was a heavy metal bar inside the case that came lose when the glue let go. Nice. I've never been a fan of glue or silicone bathtub sealer as a construction method for securing parts in audio gear.

I just received the iFi iPower wall wart (9v model) with - "Active Noise Cancellation+® drawn from military radar technology". Love the over the top marketing hype! ;-)

Unfortunately it appears that a piece of this "Active Noise Cancellation" technology is rattling around inside my iFi iPower! It sounds like a screw or other tiny component broke lose. I can't open it up to take a look because the wall wart is sealed around its plastic seams.

Oh well, it was only $50 (for a wall wart!!?) so I'm asking the retailer to exchange it. I'm not sure if that's the route to take or iffy I'll have to contact the manufacturer.

[UPDATE]: Retailer was very responsive and agreed to ship me a replacement.

Vroom! Vroom!

Edits: 07/08/16 07/08/16 07/08/16 07/08/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Another iFi Quality Control issue? - AbeCollins 08:32:23 07/08/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.