Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: PC quality for Roon Core

The whole point of Roon Core running on your PC then streaming over Ethernet to a device like the mRendu is that it minimizes the need for a highly tweaked PC, as the PC itself is not directly driving your DAC. Otherwise, why bother? And why would the manufacturers of such devices bother?

My advise is to follow Roon's recommendation which was posted by Mercman. And see the link below.

The rest is mostly audiophile myth and noise from folks who have spent their lifetime tweaking PCs in a context not applicable to your scenario.

P.S. I'm running Roon Core on a Mac Mini i7 quad-core 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, with SSD. It is way more than what is needed to run Roon Core but at some point you may also want to run HQPlayer. The point here is that it is better to go with a computer (PC or Mac) that has power to spare vs one that is just acceptable.

See Mercman's post and the link below where you will find a long post by Brian Luczkiewicz who is the CTO of Roon Labs. His lengthy post will have a yellow background. Enjoy!

Edits: 07/03/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.