Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Sold a PS Audio Nuwave DAC at Audiogon

I posted this earlier at Digital but I realized this should have been posted here.
The PS Audio NuWave DAC (not DSD) unit worked well with me using my transport and bluetooth before I shipped it,
However I got this complaint from the buyer:

"Hi There, I received the PS Audio DAC today and put it into my system. There seems to be a problem with this DAC. It has created a lot of noise in the system (volume control of amplifier has become noisy, lots of crackling and popping between tracks - worse than bad vinyl). I tried different inputs on the amplifier and tried a number of different interconnects but this did not resolve the problem.
Other items connected to the amp (turntable and my existing DAC) do not have these issue.
Perhaps you know a solution to these issues if not I would prefer to return it to you for a refund."

His equipment is:
"Hi, I have it connected to a streamer (bluesound node) via optical (TOSLINK). From then onto my amp. This is exactly how I have my previous DAC (Musical fidelity) connected."

I'm not familiar with computer audio, any idea what the problem might be?

Any help appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Sold a PS Audio Nuwave DAC at Audiogon - excelit 11:29:36 06/29/16 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.