Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Cost/price of a "generic" Audiostream Syrah-like server

First are those with genuine hardware and software expertise, who try to arrive at a nicely made package costing $1000 to say $8000. A user is locked into a dedicated system for his/her purposes but will know that some kind of holistic approach has been taken by the propreiters. The Plyback Designs rig falls into this category.

I think you're very confused again.

The Playback Design Syrah Server at $6500 is based the "Convent Garden PC" NUC motherboard.... just like the Nimitra Server, with commodity Windows 10 Pro and some optimizations. Add River Media Center, and commonly available dBpoweramp to the Syrah. All for a mere $6500!

Not much different than the $1395 Nimitra Server you are talking about also based on your "Convent Garden PC", commodity Windows 10 Pro with some optimizations, but the former is $6500! The Nimitra is $1395.

You're doing your best to discredit Windows X because you have some 'history' with him. But anyone can see right through your misinformation.

Edits: 06/28/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.