Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Roon Questions - and some pics

I'm playing with* Roon Core and Roon Bridge software (60-day trial) and wondering if anyone has tried Roon with HQPlayer.

Did you run HQPlayer on the same server as Roon Core? If not, where did you run HQPlayer? My HQPlayer trial ran out several months ago.

I'm warming up to the Roon interface but I slightly prefer the sonics from Audirvana Plus, so I'm wondering how others have integrated Roon with HQPlayer as Roon does not support AV+, PM, Amarra, etc.

Roon Core on Mac Mini i7 Quad-Core 16GB + SSD -----> Networked Roon Bridge end-point on older Mac Mini Core 2 duo 8GB + SSD to USB DAC

iPad control for Roon

Roon screen shot on iPad

Roon screen shot on iPad

* Proof of concept test setup for convenience. Not the final configuration or layout. As an aside, I first tried full blown Roon as the end-point on the 2nd (older) Mac Mini and it works fine but as expected the Bridge software is less of a resource hog. I confirmed this by monitoring CPU utilization and also noticed a drop in CPU temperature (via CPU PECI) when running Bridge for the end-point. If I'm not mistaken I believe Bridge became available only within the past couple months with the release of Roon 1.2.

Edits: 06/13/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Roon Questions - and some pics - AbeCollins 22:11:20 06/13/16 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.