Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It's not that confusing and it hasn't been a problem on my boards for 16 years...

but there are a couple of issues at play.

One, we don't want to start spamming threads with non stop ad links. Those links/ads will eventually expire and then we're left with stale info.

Two, non-stop linking to competing sites, using our bandwidth, probably isn't a polite thing to do. If you want, within the context of a topic, mention that there's more info over on X, Y or Z site, that's fine, but quoting and hotlinking there is bad form.

Three, about the casual and infrequent mentioning of one's item that's up for sale on AA, I've never found it to be abused, so it hasn't been an issue for my Asylums.

The BORG at first didn't recall the policy, in my memory, made back 10-15 years ago, but it seems to reemerging into its collective hive memory banks.

Four, the new issue seems to be with somebody who lists 25 items and then feels the need to tell us about them in 25 different threads. While this potentially might be a problem, the chances of it happening are next to nil and chances are that those 25 items get spread out over the different sub Asylums and won't be concentrated on one Asylum, like DIGITAL, for instance.

Anyhow...we're all on the same page, no?

I'm infinitely less concerned with the above and more concerned with the tone of inmates towards others with varying differences of opinion when it comes to this stuff, so let's all focus on our own behavior here on Computer Audio Asylum and all of the other Asylums.

That's the main point to ponder, not whether Ebay qualifies as a competing audio website, or not. With Google and Bing being what they are, it's simple to reference the product and mention the website, if that website is a competitor, or a 'for sale' site.

Chris

Edits: 06/13/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.