Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Well done - Kit

This kit is available, please PM me for details. I may need your board to solder in the interface connector for the DAC, and to adapt it mechanically for the kit (here is about the aluminium cover).

This DAC system it have the limitations of the original Asus Xonar ST/STX soundcard, which is based on, as both digital processor and software/driver.
All sampling frequencies available (max 192kHz), at 32 bit for ASIO, KS, WASAPI, and all this in Windows. I use Unixonar modified driver for best results, and JRiver player on a win8 tweaked for audio. Also Foobar it works just fine too.
The original board still be in function exactly as it was designed by Asus. Installing this kit do not involve any modification on the original board. Both the DAC kit and the original DAC it work in parallel on the same digital interface.
The last upgrade of the DAC kit approach, and the only modification for the original board, is adding an ultra low noise regulator (ADM7151) for the 3,3V rile on board (digital stage), and disconnecting so the card from the computer (very noisy) main 3,3v rail. The rest it stil as it was designed by Asus.
The whole kit is independent functionally, it can be disconnected from the board and interfaced through a Hirose connector to any wanted I2S interface compatible with PCM179x.

Edits: 05/28/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Well done - Kit - Coris 08:20:57 05/28/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.