Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Why is the physical placement of NAS changing the sound???

Thanks,everyone, for your interesting feedback.
To give you guys a better picture of the situation, here's how the system is configured:
The nas sits on the floor at a small space behind a TV cabinet and is about 5 feet away from the audio system. It sits on (from ground up) rubber pucks, wood blocks, acrylic board, round pieces of fo.q vibration damping sheet. (This was done not for tweaking but for mitigation of possible damage when I use my surround system with subwoofer). The nas contains 4 WD 3TB red drives and is powered from the power bar of the surround system (not the main audio system). Connection is like this: 1M Elecom cat7 to a wall mounted Elecom switch (with LPS), then 2M Elecom cat7 to acoustic revive lan isolator to sotm SMS-100(with LPS). Then an acoustic revive Usb cable to ifi iusb isolator to ifi Gemini split Usb cable to ifi ipurifier to ifi ilink converter to Acrolink coaxial into the coaxial input of an esoteric k03. The rest of the system is accuphase c2400 and A60 and Wilson Sophia 2. Everything from the sotm onward in the audio system is powered together with an isotek Orion conditioner separate from the surround system. The audio system is never run concurrently with the surround system.

As you can see, it is really really remote, hence my surprise.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.