Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: A bit confused here

Did you not say: "As compared with exactly what? Since the SBT will not play 24/192 to what are you comparing?"

I was hoping you'd fix your installation *now that you know*.

A snippet from John Swenson:

The way EDO works when selecting the 192 digital out will use less memory and will result in less processing going on. (please note that this output will do all sample rates up to and including 192, not JUST 192). What Triode has done here COULD have been done with the original S/PDIF driver (and IS done in TT3.0). Triode has just chosen to bundle the changes in the way the driver is used with the new driver, as far as I can tell there is nothing different in the new driver other than support for 192. The differences are all in the way the driver is used.

[I just noticed I posted in that thread too, so it must be from the slimdevices forum, probably the EDO thread, I have it saved as a text file.]

I can tell you the SBT FW, EDO version and LMS versions that work if you need 24/192 S/PDIF.

More edit: not trying to be a dick, just trying to help anyone with a prob re this who may be interested...

I actually did log my work with this issue! (Normally I'm good at documenting, from job, but sometimes get lazy at home...) Jan. 2013, I wrote that sometimes 24/192 (S/PDIF) didn't work with EDO, especially if you wanted to decode FLACs at the Touch end (I don't, but for completeness, and because some find it sounds better). I eventually found that LMS and Touch FW both at v7.8 plus EDO at v0.7 (or 0.6) will do it fine and reliably. So that's what I kept installed. This was not even the latest stuff at the time, never mind now. I can't say that other combos won't work, but some do not. It's fine with iPeng too for anybody who also uses that.

Edits: 05/17/16 05/17/16 05/17/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.