Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: A bit confused here

What? You clearly said the SBT + EDO will not do 24/192. In the post I responded to.

I clearly said *it does*. It does NOT downsample. Here. It puts out 24/192 in the exact context I said. FLAC source files, converted to wav/PCM at the PC end.

I also said *some* people can not get it to work. Which implies that *some* people can. google is your friend. Trust me, *it works* without down-sampling here, why do you think I might try to mislead you?

Did you see the part I wrote about firmware and software? That includes LMS. You get some (new) features, you lose some others. I stopped updating when that became more regular, quite a while ago now. Since I only use S/PDIF, the 24/192 capability + a very slightly improved SQ are the only reasons I use EDO to start with.

Edit: from TRIODE:

There has been some discussion on the Touch forum about the EDO app and the potential benfits to audio quality from the spdif output at 96k and below. This is not the primary purpose of the enhanced digital ouput app but people have debated whether any possible change in audio quality exists. I thought it would be useful to spell out what the changes are that are in EDO. As I may speculate about any impact on sound quality, I thought I'd do it here as its definately a discussion for the audiophile forum...

EDO essentially comprises three parts:

1) A custom linux kernel which is the standard Logitech kernel with the following changes:
- spdif - additional clock divider values to allow 176.4/192k playback

============================
...that's the pertinent snippet.

Edits: 05/17/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.