Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Anyone add EDO to their SBT and not like the sound?

I have a SBT hooked to a PS Audio Sprout. Only had it since the 7th (my previous system having been a full Ayre setup, but had to be sold a few years back....) and have been loving it. I promptly found several favorite albums on HD tracks in 96/24 and a couple 192/24. It was gorgeous sounding... warm, excellent bass, expansive soundstage etc etc.

Tonight, my dear husband was googling and found that the SBT doesn't even support 192 files... which I found disappointing... but he found the EDO app and promptly installed it with glee.....

To me it seems like now the warmth is gone, the bass is lighter, the soundstage a bit compressed and things have lost some life and fun. I sat to listen to a few favorite familiar songs and instead of being immersed I was 'meh'.

I've been combing the internet for threads on EDO to see if anyone else experienced this and didn't find much (but my google foo sucks sometimes). Everyone raves about how much better it sounds.

Am I the only one here? Do I just need to give it a better listen for a few days?

Is there a way to switch it on and off without uninstalling it?

THX

Danielle

My Photos

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Anyone add EDO to their SBT and not like the sound? - Enchantment1.6s 00:59:48 05/17/16 (29)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.