Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ditto

My home network consists of an eight port router (for home and work use) along with three inexpensive Linksys WAP300 access points. Each may be used in one of four different ways.

The primary one lives in the office and is hard wired to the router. The other two serve as repeaters and can be placed anywhere there's power. When I was still using a Touch player in the garage, I used one as a bridge which was then hard wired using CAT6 to the Touch.

Won't some of the Roku units work directly off Wifi?

That's how I use a Roku2 in the bedroom. Because of it's distance to office and series of walls, one of my repeaters in placed there to ensure smooth delivery of HD video. I've ripped my video collection of DVDs and BRs and converted them to an ".m4v" version. They also live on the music server and are likewise streamed using LMS. Or for viewing Amazon video, Netflix, etc.

To each is own, but I've woven my music and video services together using a single server and network infrastructure that feeds multiple devices around the house and garage.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ditto - E-Stat 09:35:55 04/20/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.