Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: USB done right - Intona

Given that soundchekk has deplored the USB interface at monthly intervals on this list for the last 103 years (though he didn't coin the term "Sometimes Universal Serial Bus), I think it perfectly reasonable for him to link to a thread that shows how its problems might be addressed.

He started with I read a lengthy thread over at CA about the Intona USB isolator device, gave a fair summary of the thread's contents and finished with Read below to get the in-depth info c/w link. Just for once, he didn't accuse anyone of improper relationships with manufacturers or suggest that Steve had dodgy chums in Panamanian legal circles. OK, he banged on about his own free-with-the-cornflakes approach but we're used to that. (Terrible thought - he might be right.)

More interesting, it had crossed my mind to put caps across USB +/- lines but hadn't got round to trying them and certainly hadn't thought of using OS-CONs. Thanks for the idea - I'll give it a go. Questions: Why do the capacitors need pre-charging? Is it a one-off thing or would it have to be repeated after a more-or-less lengthy period unpowered?

D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: USB done right - Intona - Ryelands 08:55:58 04/08/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.